Monday, July 06, 2009

Bad, Honda, Bad!



So, not that I’m in the market for a hybrid car, but I’m kinda upset that Honda sold out on their re-design of their hybrid, Insight. The Insight’s been around for a few years & it always had it’s own unique, futuristic look.

However, with the new commercials, I ‘ve noticed a newer Insight that looks eerily similar to the Prius. For a while now, I’ve held the opinion that if I had to choose a hybrid and my only choices were the Prius, Insight or Civic, I would always choose a Honda. One of my top reasons would be Price – Toyota Prius’ are ridiculously expensive since the demand for them has gone up. And, 2) Appearance & Image – when I think of a Prius, I automatically stereotype the driver of such a vehicle. I’m sure I’m not the only one that does this. As a matter of fact, there was a South Park episode dedicated to making fun of the whole notion of Prius cars & owners. Can you think of the last time you saw a Prius without a bumper sticker that wasn’t earth/humanity/politically – related in some way? When was the last time that you saw a Prius without a bumper sticker (excluding PhillyCarShare)?

Even though Honda’s newest hybrid resembles that of the Prius, at least the price is supposed to be much less than the Prius & affordable for everyone.

No comments: