Monday, August 04, 2008

"Oh my god!"

Yesterday NotoriousALG and I were traversing lovely Rittenhouse Square on the way to down iced teas at Parc. I made casual eye contact with some kid, 19 or 20, as we walked past and as Notorious was telling me a story. "Oh my god!" I said, in reaction to something she said. A moment passed, then we hear from behind us "Oh my god!" in a falsetto from the kid we passed. Notorious and I automatically turned and looked at the kid who looked back with no expression on his face.

We automatically assumed the kid was making fun of Notorious ALG because -- for whatever reason -- she often gets mocked by strangers by what she says. Strangers like to say stuff to her. But then we realized I was the mockee. It was a new and different experience for me.

Then we had to sit next to a bunch of Dior-wearing, pseudo-Euro-trash Philadelphian douchebags who made their Corvette honk with their key. Lame-o!

1 comment:

miz cynical said...

I drove past Parc twice this past weekend. Is it any good? It looks tres chic.