Thursday, September 04, 2008

Fall Movie Lineup

As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of my favorite aspects of fall is that it signifies the return of more substantial movies & Oscar contenders. Here are some movies that I can’t wait to see and/or preview of what's to come:

1. Righteous Kill – with Robert DeNiro & Al Pacino. These two haven’t teamed up together on screen since Heat. Judging by the previews, it looks as though it may actually be good & not a movie that either star is doing “just to pay the bills” as Marlon Brando would say – such as recent flops like Two for the Money.
Release date: 9.12.08

2. Body of Lies - with Russell Crowe & Leonardo DiCaprio. It's another Ridley Scott film for Russell & I don't think that Leonardo's performances are ever a letdown. Release date: 10.10.08

3. Revolutionary Road -Leonardo DiCaprio & Kate Winslet team up again. This is actually based on a book by the same title ( possible book club selection?) Release date: 1.15.09. My b-day!

4.The Changeling-Angelina Jolie – as much as I would love to hate her, you have to admit that she can act her ass off. And, with Clint Eastwood directing & the fabulous period-piece outfits, the movie just has to be outstanding. This movie is already gaining Oscar buzz & is based on actual events. Release date:10.31.08.

5. Twilight - I don’t know that much about the books, I just know that when it comes to the theater, people (women in particular) are going to lose their minds. Release date: 11.21.08.

6. Burn after Reading – with Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Tilda Swinton , John Malkovich Frances McDormand & directed by the Coen brothers. This has to be kooky funny. I heard that the Coens told Brad to just act like a moron & he went with it. Release date: 9.12.08.

7. Eagle Eye- with Bridget Monaghan & Shia LeBoeuf. I enjoyed Shia in Transformers & Bridget in Gone Baby Gone, so I’m really interested to see how it’s going to turn out. Release date: 9.26.08.






If any of the above movies interest the SoUnpretty readers & want to get together & have a movie date for any of these, let me know ‘cause I’d love to go!

2 comments:

AlltheRAGE said...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR TWILIGHT!! I've already lost my mind.

miz cynical said...

You & Unusual both!