Thursday, September 04, 2008

Goodbye to my new favorite month: August


Prior to this summer, January used to be my favorite month (for purely obvious & selfish reasons – my birthday is January 15th). However, with the recent turn of another calendar page, I’ve discovered several new reasons to enjoy this month.

1) My work pace comes to a standstill. With so many co-workers on vacation, there’s very little work to do. Leaving me to explore the far reaches of the internet in peace. I can even get some leisurely reading done, like Quark for Dummies in my downtime.

2) Easier commute. Again, due to vacation schedules and school break, driving to work is a breeze. Especially on Mondays & Fridays.

3) Anticipation of the return of good television. I’ve been enjoying some of my favorite summer shows – Big Brother & Mad Men. But now, I eagerly await the return of my regular season shows & the new fall lineup.

4) Clothes – stores unveil their new fall silhouettes. Bold colors, sweaters, awesome looking shoes & mod silhouettes are just some of the fun stuff that I’m looking forward to. As much as I love summer, I always feel that the clothes are a bit lacking in style.

5) Good movies – I love the fun, lighthearted summer movies, but I’m ready for some movies that offer substance. More on that later.

So, what’s my least favorite month? February. Why? It's cold, miserable & the dead middle of winter.

No comments: