Sunday, April 26, 2009

California, Here I Come!

we just booked our trip to San Francisco and Sonoma in June. anyone got tips/advice on this excursion. i know, i know, san fran is cold, bring a jacket.

wtf is up with that anyway? i thought cali was a warm state? its so weird.

also-we are attending a wedding in sonoma. i have never been to a destination wedding before. do you still go all out for the gift? i feel cheap asking, but i was really curious what is expected of you when you are paying a lot of money all ready...

4 comments:

NotoriousALG said...

As an attendee of a few destination weddings, I tend to tone down the gift. I love San Fran so much. Boudin's sourdough bowls are the best.

Beanorama said...

I would agree with Notorious. I say get something from the registry, it makes life easier (and can be more affordable) and they are guaranteed to like it. If you think it;s a couple that could use some $$ (tho' I doubt it as they are marrying in Sonoma) a nice check helps :)

I really liked the vintage stores down in the Mission neighborhood. One was pay by the pound!!

But everyone says don't go after dark :)

miz cynical said...

So jealous! I have some Cali. tour books if you want them for a list of wineries in the area.

ashlie said...

thanks everyone!