Monday, April 13, 2009

Classic mentos commercial

I guess that this is the 90s version of this pop culture question. Recently, I just happened to wonder what happened to these two things - Mentos commercials & Haddaway. Random, I know. Anyway, I was enjoying the fruit flavored Mentos at work a few weeks ago (which is a very underrated candy, btw) & happend to think of their wacky commercials. Do you miss them too? I think in our stress-filled culture that we need to return to the simpler times of the 90s that offered minty solutions to a potentially stressful scenario. They were always so goofy & fun! Did anyone else think that they were shot in Canada or Europe? The lighting was always super bright & soft.

I can see it now - a young, hotshot stock exchange guy that's watching the market crash & while he's contemplating jumping out of window, he realizes that he has some Mentos in his pocket. Problem solved! Have a Mentos! The freshmaker! Sometimes you just need a breath mint to make light of a confusing and/or stressful situation! I'll have to remember that myself when I need to try to stay fresh, cool & full of life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup my thoughts exactly. I am chewing on the mentos gum right now and i was wondering myself what happened to the commercials.