Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Something good has happened.

When I was in college, my roommate's dad owned a grocery store in Pittsburgh and I swear it was the only place that carried low-fat (or maybe 1/3 less fat) Kraft Macaroni-and-Cheese. (The kind that's made with the Velveeta pack, no milk added.) It. was. awesome.

Post college, I could never find it again and assumed it never took off. But! Just this weekend, in my local Pathmark as I was seeing how many groceries I could get with my last remaining $40, I found Kraft Mac-and-Cheese with the Deluxe Velveeta pack with 2% milk! Hallelujah!

It's the perfect mix of the TASTE of the better, fattier Kraft Deluxe (that's real fatty) and the less tasty, regular kind where you have to add water.

Delightful. Thanks, Pathmark. Thanks, Kraft! (Even though you ARE owned by a cigarette company.)

4 comments:

miz cynical said...

Are you talking about the Grays Ferry Pathmark? If so, I have tons of tales to tell! Glad you found your fave mac'n'cheese. That's how I feel about Tropicana smoothies & Turkey Hill diet green tea.

Beanorama said...

that is the one.

why? Don't scare me.

ashlie said...

i just made that tuesday night for din! my thriftway sells it and so does target.

NotoriousALG said...

This is how I feel when I discover Salt and Pepper Soy Crisps. They are my fave. Or Diet Mountain Dew Code Red.