Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I Am Funny Like That....


Yesterday, I had a meeting in downtown Wilmington (yes, there is such a place) that required me to park in a parking garage. When I returned with my ticket to pay at the pay station, an attendant came out and asked if I was paying was cash or credit card. I replied, "Debit" to which he replied, "Okay, we have been having some issues with the cards recently, but give it a try." So I inserted my card and crossed my fingers and waited. He shrieks, "DID YOU JUST CROSS YOUR FINGERS?" and I nodded. "I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT IN YEARS!" and started laughing.


That's just one of the many old-school rituals I do. I don't step on cracks, 'cause I don't want to break my Momma's back, either.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i say "Holy Mackarel" and am made fun of for it. by your fiance.

mo cheeks said...

i crossed my fingers at the dentist office yesterday while he was examining my x-rays! the hygienist totally caught me. no cavities though!

Beanorama said...

My dad says Holy Mackerel.