Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Lashes Blasted? Meh.


So, I finally tried Cover Girl’s Lash Blast mascara. Based on the recommendation of a co-worker’s sister, I thought that it would be worth a try to see if it could beat out my trusty Maybelline Great Lash. However, when I went to buy it I saw that it costs more than Maybelline & was just too expensive for something that may or may not live up to its claims. Besides, whenever I think of Cover Girl, I think of “my first makeup” – you know, the brand that you were loyal to when you were first learning how to apply & wear makeup at like, 12 or something.
Anyway, ACME had a buy 1, get 1 free sale last week (which I thought was finally a good deal) & I took the plunge. Verdict? Meh. It’s not awful, nor is it better than my Maybelline standby. Basically, if it’s on sale again, I’d buy it. But, I certainly won’t go out of my way to buy it since it didn’t make a tremendous difference or improvement over my regular mascara.

No comments: