Monday, June 08, 2009

Where’s My Oatmeal?


For about 2 years now, I’ve been eating Quaker Oats Simple Harvest Oatmeal. It’s supposed to be all-natural, but what matters to me is that it’s delicious. It costs more than Quaker Oats’ regular oatmeal, but I became loyal & hooked to the brand because every box contained $1 off coupon for your next purchase.

However, lately, I’ve noticed that the coupons began to disappear inside the boxes and the products have disappeared from the shelves. There were accompanying granola bars by the same name, but I haven’t seen those, either on the shelves at the grocery store. I’ve been to 2 or 3 different ACMEs and a Genaurdis. Quaker Oats’ website still advertises Simple Harvest, so I’m assuming it’s still a product that they make.

This week I’m finally giving their traditional flavors a try, but I’m not pleased. 1) The new flavor has about 30 - 40 additional calories that the all-natural one didn’t have and 2) the flavor just doesn’t taste the same. I’m so miffed about this that I may have to take it straight to the top & get Mr. Quaker Oats on the phone to explain this.

No comments: