Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fisher Price has just invented a toy to help "out" your son


Ok, so once you get over the fact that Fisher Price's Elmo Tickle Hands sounds like something your kiddie-touching Uncle Chuck would use for your "special time" together, the concept behind this toy seems like a great tool to help out a parent's gaydar.

I love how in the commercial both boys and girls are having fun with this toy. In reality, this is pretty damn lame. They're just gloves with Elmo's face on it. Also, if you were to really give this "toy" to a kid, the only kid that should use it is a girl. In the commercial, they try to use "hip-hop" Elmo to somehow give it street cred so that it can appeal to boys. I think not. If you were to give this toy to your son, how soon do you think it'll take for him to use them as jazz hands? Then, whammo! You've just figured out that you're son is gay.

On the other hand, if I had these "Tickle Hands" when I was a kid, I would've been able to figure out my childhood friend, Craig, a lot sooner. Instead, I had to endure countless hours of complicated dance routines to Debbie Gibson's Electric Youth & Samantha Fox to arrive at the same conclusion that I would've arrived at if Craig just had a pair of Elmo's "Tickle Hands"/jazz hands. What? Don't look at me that way! I was 8! Excuse me if I didn't have a finely-tuned gaydar at that age!

No comments: