Tuesday, September 01, 2009

I Read an Article on Endometriosis & Now I Think that I Might Have It. Does That Make Me a Hypochondriac?


I was reading this article in Fitness magazine over the weekend and realized that I have at least 1 if not more symptoms of endometriosis - fatigue.

Not surprisingly, this isn't the first disorder or disease that I suspect that I may have due to watching a show or reading an article about it. In grade school, after watching an episode of Oprah about eating disorders, I thought that I had one of those, too. Even though I was very healthy at the time. At some point I thought I was diabetic, then my brother told me that the symptoms that I thought I was experiencing were the exact opposite of what someone with diabetes would experience.

After seeing a commercial for Yaz, I thought I had PMDD. Symptoms? I'm usually bitchy from about Monday morning to Thursday around 3:30 p.m. I think that I need a prescription for Cymbalta, based on the PMDD that I described above and the fact that I have a hard time getting out of bed for work. Hey, depression is being unable to do things that you normally do. And it hurts. ADD/ADHD - I can't focus when I'm at work. And, according to the commercial, that's one of the symptoms! I just have adult ADD/ADHD. OCD - I'm obsessed & zero in on things that annoy me. I may not wash my hands a million times or turn the light off & on a million times before leaving a room. But I'm still obsessed with certain things. Hoarding - I hold onto magazines and catalogs forever.

So, maybe those things make me sound like a hypochondriac, but I think that it just sounds like someone who's concerned about their health. I still think that I'm going to talk to someone about the endo-thingy 'cause....why not, right?

No comments: