Friday, July 11, 2008

Should I get stoned?

For the past two weeks, I've had this desire to learn a different language. Nothing crazy - just Spanish. Right now I just put an o on the end of every word. Anyway, I'm running into some trouble. Rosetta Stone is $500 for steps 1, 2 and 3. Here are my problems:
1. I technically don't have a computer. I could stay late at work, but I don't know how that would go.
2. I technically don't have $500. Early Christmas present from mom and dad? (They'd probably just split it. We don't get $500 worth of gifts.)
3. I took Spanish for 4.5 years and only learned to say "Mi madre es muy loca." Maybe I don't have an aptitude for languages.
4. I don't want to take classes because I would not want to go every week. I have never been good at class attendance.

Despite these things, I still really want to do it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Has anyone ever tried RS? Am I destined to be a gringo for life?

2 comments:

Beanorama said...

if you go on craigslist you can find conversation partners to help you.

Anonymous said...

like all software you can probably find it for free somewhere online. not that im endorssing theft in anyway...