Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Goddam, mate.


The Geico commercials are so friggin hilarious. I love that Aussie little lizard with the big ego. AND the misunderstood cavemen? Brilliant. The duck with the mango salsa? The new one with the caveman on the moving sidewalk in the airport...when he gives the wry smile... so dear to my heart. Even my cousin agrees that Geico rules. Am I the only one laughing at car insurance?

PS: Brilliant though the ads may be, I still use Erie Insurance or some shizah like that.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Los loves those commercials! and I love you.

Beanorama said...

and I love honeymooners

NotoriousALG said...

Of course he does. He recognizes stellar wit unlike no other i.e. your number one bridesmaid, Carmela Soprano.

miz cynical said...

I love the commercials too ! When I was on vacation, everytime I saw a lizard, I woud quote the gecko - "it's like pie & chips.."

tone loc said...

Very glad Geico brought the caveman back.

MJL said...

You're right, I'm a big fan of Geico commercials. I think the talking gecko is hysterical.

I'm also a fan of the new Comcast commercials. Have you seen the one with the Baywatch-esque lifeguard who drops to his knees and gives mouth-to-mouth to a beached deer, shouting "Not on my watch!"?

The tagline: Save Big Bucks.

Brilliant. Seriously.

NotoriousALG said...

Um, Marty. What about the Slowskys? The lovely turtle couple? "I mean, honestly. Where's the fire?"

Anonymous said...

kids- get it straight! the geckos are from England!!! Fish (not pie) and chips??? Afternoon tea??? Wait...maybe I am wrong....now i'm confused. ok back to work (where the computer people at the V.A. are certainly noting that I am on this blog....don't mention GWB please.)

Beanorama said...

i don't know. Jeeze. I'm American- don't expect me to care about other nationalities.

that's a joke.