Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Let's Hear it for Dirt!


If you were anywhere but the East Coast of the United States this weekend, you may not have known that it was my 26th birthday. Yes, that's right. My maturity level, word choice, and tendency to sing weird songs c/o Beanorama may indicate otherwise, but yes, my friends, I am 26.

Much to the chagrin of my friends and family, the celebration commenced last Friday and extended until last evening, when my delightfully Italian mother hosted a dinner at her residence for me and 8 of my closest gal pals. Even though two friends disagreed, dinner was delicious.

But the true pinnacle of the evening was when we had my ultimate dessert: dirt. Yes, that's correct. Dirt. The delicious combination of crushed Oreos, pudding, and gummy worms. So good. I even refused Eagles Touchdown Sundae ice cream so I could focus only on dirt. And it was everything I hoped it would be. Needless to say, I will need to kick some serious tail at kickboxing tonight to make up for my chocolatey love affair last evening.

I also learned that there is a fairer cousin to my affection: sand. Hilarious.

2 comments:

AlltheRAGE said...

Happy Birthday, GIRLLLLL!!!!!

Beanorama said...

it's "8 of my closest gal pals and ME"

i love dirt AND eagles touchdown sundae ice cream. and i guess i do not like polenta, the italian peasant food.