Friday, October 20, 2006

Just watch out for muffin tops.


I had ranted. I had raved. Then I went to Old Navy and got sucked in by the bargain prices. I did it: I bought skinny jeans. I know, I know... they are so 80s. So trendy. No one really looks that good in them. And while I like to keep current, I don't often dip my toes into the trend pool of fashion. But I did it. My impending 30th birthday (in 4 years!) makes me want to milk my 20s for all they are worth, and goddammit if that means wearing unflattering denim then sign me up!

I've worn those mo-fos twice, but only with the encouragement of my friends. No one spit on me. No one laughed openly. Plus, both times I was safely within hipster bars, where the skinny jeans were as common as local draft beer. But I felt like I was wearing a costume "the 1984 Beanorama." However, I will be wearing them again tomorrow night, with a kick-ass pair of RED vintage heels I got. Yum.

OK signing off now with this vow: You might see me in skinny jeans, but I will NOT wear leggings. If you see me in them, push me down a manhole, and tell me I am so unpretty.

1 comment:

Smedelicious said...

I literally tried on AT LEAST 20 different pairs...and couldn't do it. I looked like a lard-o. I ended up just buying straight legs. It was the closest I could come to skinnies!