Sunday, April 22, 2007

Happy Earth Day, Earth


Dear Earth,

heard its your big day. Happy Earth Day to you. do you feel any older? ah, well. just remember, age is just a number.

something i am going to start doing as my gift to you: i'm going to bring my own coffee mug to work and use that every morning for my cup of joe instead of using styrofoam coffee cups every morning. if i do that one little thing, that means at least 5 less cups i throw away each week, or 260 cups a year. i'll also start using my mug for water, instead of plastic water cups (and I probably peel through at least 2 of those a day, which means 10 cups a week or 520 cups a year).

i'll include a gift receipt (recyclable of course) in case you don't like that.

hope you have a great year. don't eat too much cake, you!

love,
me

1 comment:

miz cynical said...

You know, if those cups had soy ink printed on them, it wouldn't be so bad for the environment:)