Sunday, May 04, 2008

A funny thing happened on the way to the Derby...


While pondering the seriousness of the "no hat, no admittance" rule of the Kentucky Derby party I was heading to, I heard a noise across the street and saw a Gatorade bottle rolling in the middle of the street. Before I could piece together what happened, tghe man in front of me said to another man, "Excuse me. Are you going to pick that up? Pick up the bottle you just threw against that house." Embarrased, the man walked over and picked up the bottle. As soon as The Enforcer turned down a side street, I heard The Jerk throw the bottle again. The sad part of this story is that The Jerk was with his son (about six years old), who learned that his dad is a douche. Poor kid.


And somwhere, a mayor cries.

1 comment:

MJL said...

I was enjoying a leisurely stroll in DC yesterday and witnessed a teenage girl drop the wrapper of whatever she was eating on the ground as she kept walking. Rather than confront her, seeing as she was extremely obnoxious to the 7-11 cashier moments before, I decided to avoid a scene and merely picked it up and threw it away.

Littering is most definitely unpretty.