Friday, May 30, 2008

Do I love Ruby?


Good news: Ruby's dreadlocks are gone.
Bad news: She has bald spots. [see image]

She acted like she didn't like me cutting them out, but she didn't try to run away. I think her brilliant animal instincts told her I was being a good Mama and grooming her.

Question: a sometime Unpretty reader (hey there!) thinks his roommate is obsessed with her cat, and that by comparison, I am not obsessed with Ruby. I swear he just hasn't seen the worst of it because I probably try to act like a normal human and suppress it. So, poll: do you guys think I am overly in love with my little Sugarface, Ruby?

5 comments:

mo cheeks said...

i think you are in regular pet-love with ruby. pet-love is very strong though and different from any kind of love. just ask sadie.
i also think you are strange for wanting to seem obsessed.

Anonymous said...

i am soooo the wrong person to ask. i cried watching oprah with sadie last week (the puppy mills episode) and then hugged her and told her that we are both so lucky to have found one another.

Anonymous said...

i think it was ok to be so obsessed about leaving her alone, etc. when she was a tiny kitten, but now that she's a grown-up, you worry too much about leaving her overnight alone. She's a cat.

Beanorama said...

Ms. Cheeks- I don't WANT to seem obsessed, I just think that I might be.

And ERK: I don't fret about leaving her for a night but for three days and nights? A cat gets lonely in a studio apt by her lonesome.

NotoriousALG said...

Beanie, I thought it was a one bedroom? All I can say is, I am happy you have her. Even when you say, "Everything you do is Mama's favorite thing."