Sunday, June 01, 2008

My Hairdresser is Worried


Not with my locks, but with her stocks. as she cut and colored my hair last week she asked me if I had seen Suze Orman on The View last week.

No, of course i hadnt, because i was busy sorting/organizing/cleaning the house and sadly missed out on the joys of daytime TV.

she then went on to tell me that Suze's advice for the next coming year or so, was to not buy anything new-a house, a car, anything. this was the year to save and pay down your debt. all this because of the recession. my hairdresser was freaked out and she was starting to freak me out too.

i tried to search for a video of this online, but could not track it down. i know a lot can get lost in translation and people hear things differently, so i wanted to hear it for myself. plus, i was a little nervous because me and my husband just broke her first two rules (new house and a new honda element).

anyone else hear about this? and really, what does recession really mean for you and me? should we be really concerned? i'm a little scared, but i don't know if i should be or not...

2 comments:

miz cynical said...

I'm nervous about all of the recession talk too. I'm going on a road trip vacation (gas prices?!) & a good portion of the people that have been laid off due to the recession work in the financial services industry. Double yikes.

Beanorama said...

should I return the dress I just bought at urban? since I don't own a house or car.

Also, for the first time filling up my tank broke $50.