Monday, June 09, 2008

Could I Handle the G-Force, Though?


So last night, I watched "When We Left Earth," a new mini-series on the Discovery Channel about the United States' space program in the 60s. It was unreal. For as long as I can remember, I have been absolutely fascinated by space travel. I think it may be rooted in a combination of my love for the movie Space Camp and freeze-dried ice cream.


When I was younger, I had a desire to become an astronaut, but that was short-lived once I saw the space capsules they used to use at the Air and Space Museum and realized I may not be able to handle the claustrophobia. Of course, they transitioned to the space shuttles, but I was still apprehensive about the G-Force upon lift-off and when coming back into Earth.


So, I will keep my feet on the ground, but I can live vicariously through Gus Grissom and Buzz Aldrin in this awesome series.

No comments: