Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The slutification of America's youth

I know we've touched on this before, but I must post again about the grossness that is Victoria's Secret these days. I do shop there, but I am referring mostly to the messages conveyed inside the stores. Yesterday I decided to try on a swimsuit cover-up - exciting, I know. So, I walked into the dressing room, threw my purse on the chair, looked into the mirror and almost threw up. No, not from the sight of myself. On the mirror the word "strip" is written in big, neon letters. I was disgusted. Young girls shop at VS too and this is the type of thing they see there. It must be said - so unpretty.

5 comments:

NotoriousALG said...

Flip, I read yesterday in Jezebel that they are selling thongs that say "Hint hint" with a picture of an engagement ring. Honestly.

mo cheeks said...

OMG - i was just going to leave the same comment alg. seriously, gross... but it works!! JK.

Anonymous said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

and EW don't stand for Entertainment Weekly.

Anonymous said...

did you see the story on the Today Show today? This woman is suing VS because a metal heart from her thong broke off as she was putting her thong on and hit her in her eye. me thinks she was too big for her thong....

Beanorama said...

i wish my fave bras from there weren't $48.