Thursday, May 01, 2008

I Guess I'll Go to Dunkin' Donuts Tomorrow....(Kicks Dirt)


So...the Wawa at 20th and Chestnut will close at noon today. I am absolutely so sad. When the luxurious Wawa at 20th and Locust closed, I was sad, but not as sad as I am now. My boyfriend and I live directly across the street and Wawa has become such a part of our weekend and morning routine. Where the eff are we going to get sandos MADE TO ORDER before our treks to the five million weddings we have? Where am I going to get coffee before my commute to Wilmington every day? Who is going to laugh at us when we go in there and spend 45 dollars on crap?


I want to take a moment and thank Solomon (the most miserable manager alive) and his crew for aiding me through hangovers, caffeine fixes and pita chips. You will be missed.


And I seriously hope Light Eyes* can find a new home, too.


*Light Eyes stands outside of Wawa and holds the door for patrons. He never asks for money and seems surprised when you put some in the cup he is holding. He is awesome.


2 comments:

Flip Flop Girl said...

I am furious at Wawa, Inc. Their business plan now focuses on the Super Wawas, perfect for the suburbs. I will definitely miss the 20th & Chestnut Wa, which I begrudgingly patronized after the tragic closing of my 20th & Locust Wa.

AlltheRAGE said...

Ummm, where will we get dirty sandwiches to eat while sitting on the sidewalk at 2:30 in the morning after a night of partying? Where, oh where will we go?
Ciapps' do you have any suggestions?