Saturday, June 16, 2007

I'm radio-friendly, I guess.

I think by Year 2010 there will be enough songs about "Caroline" to make a full-length record. Until then, here's a sampling of *my greatest hits:

Kaiser Chiefs: Caroline, Yes
("You got everything so why oh why /Did you have to take Caroline?")

Beach Boys: Caroline, No
("How could you lose that happy glow / Oh, caroline no.")

Kate Nash: Caroline Is A Victim
("Caroline sits in her own place / Playing killer killer killer killer beats")

David Grey: Caroline
("Ah but Caroline / It seems like everytime / Honey all I get is further away")

OutKast: Roses
("Caroline! See she's the reason for the word 'bitch'")

And who can forget the greatest of all time:
Neil Diamond: Sweet Caroline
("Ohhh, sweet Caroline, good times never seem so good.")

I'm not even going to get into how many chick lit books use "Caroline" as the name of the heroine's best friend.

*Not my real name :)

No comments: