Sunday, June 24, 2007

Rittenhouse one & two.


I spent a lot of today reading in Rittenhouse Square. First, I tried out the SW corner...something new and diff. I pretty much stared at the bare chest of a hot dude the whole time. And when he left, he asked if I wanted his Sunday NY Times. (Did I ever!)

Next, I was in the NE corner. It was a little more crowded. I ate a delicious avocado-tomato-basil-jumbo lump crabmeat salad (courtesy of DiBrunos & Unusual's garden) and then read a book & chatted on the phone. As it was getting dark, a semi-hipster comes up and asks about my book. He doesn't smile once. I asked about his book, and he proceeds to tell me all about the history of India and The Buddha. I ask if he is enjoying his book. He very solemnly nods, no smile. He comes back 20 mins later and asks if he can read beside me, but I was just packing up to go home, I said. So then he tells me he is going to his brother's studio to rebuild a piano. He is still very serious, and very polite. Never cracked a smile, but told me it was enjoyable to talk to me about books.

Ahh... lovely Rittenhouse. It Rocks and Rolls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

was he cute? why didnt you tell him "see you next weekend?"

oh yeah. you are going to be babysitting.

Beanorama said...

"was he cute?"

um... did you not see the part about "he never cracked a smile?" Or... is that supposed to be ok for me since I am single and should take whatever comes my way?