Sunday, June 24, 2007

Some funny dealings upstairs.


I'm pretty sure my upstairs neighbor is a drug dealer. First of all, he has a lot of people always coming and going. More "friends" than the average joe, plus, even if a person has a lot of friends, they are not always visiting your apartment.

Second, I've only seen him twice. The first time, I overheard someone ask if he was in school, and he said "No, but maybe one of these days I'll go back." Not being in school doesn't mean he is a dealer, but the fact that he never appears to be going to work kinda makes me wonder what he does with his days. The second time I saw him he was smoking a bowl outside the bldg.

Third, on two occassions, two different young guys have seen me go in the front door & asked me to hold the door for them. The first guy saw my hesitation (I'm not letting strange men into the building!) and said, "never mind, he'll just throw down the key for me." Then tonight, a kid asked me to keep the door open for him. I closed it, then opened it a crack, and said, can't you just use the buzzer?" And he was like, "don't worry, he'll just throw the key down for me." Ummm, so it's a common thing that my neighbor is just sitting in his apt having all these people come visit him?

And my bike got stolen.

I don't think we are talking hard core drugs here. All the kids I see appear to be in decent health, and while they seem a bit off the mainstream, no one seems really cookoo. And besides the bike incident, they've always been polite.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you think he sells to the squirrels in your ceiling?

Anonymous said...

do you think he sells to the squirrels in your ceiling?

Beanorama said...

yes i think he must give them crack. but only in the winter.

aaronic said...

my bad, he told me the bike was his.

Anonymous said...

the bike was mine...you don't even know how to ride a bike