Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What my senior quote should've stated


Due to the release of Superbad (hilarious movie, definitely a “must see”), the Metro decided to pull together some movie quotes from teen movies. For my senior quote in my yearbook, I had some typical cheesy quote. I thought that I was pretty deep at the time since it was from a Smashing Pumpkins song. However, if I had seen Dazed & Confused I probably would’ve chosen this one: “If I ever start referring to these as the best years of my life, remind me to kill myself.” I love it. In reality, though, if I had submitted something like that, it probably would’ve been rejected, you know, with it being a Catholic school & all. To make matters worse, I was on the yearbook committee, editor of the senior section & it still probably wouldn’t have made it through. Oh, well. If you ask me today what it would’ve been, it’s that quote.

7 comments:

Beanorama said...

you know what's worse? "Bill, thank you for giving me your heart and for accepting mine. I love you forever."

Vom.

Flip Flop Girl said...

Oh. My. God. Bean, I fear for you sometimes.

Beanorama said...

I was 18! And in luuurve.

miz cynical said...

Oh, please. Your senior quote was dedicated to a boy?!

NotoriousALG said...

Ladies, in her defense, a lot of girls' quotes were dedicated to their boyfriends at the time. We went to an all-girls school. Yearbook quotes were a rite of passage.

Mine was a Counting Crows quote, but if I had had a love, I would've written sumpin'.

Anonymous said...

ummm, mine was from Dirty Dancing, "now i've had the time of my life and i owe it all to you."

WHAT A DORK

but it was dedicated to my favorite girls

Anonymous said...

I bet you all sat by yourselves at lunch. nerds.