Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Dove does it again.

So, Dove's had a great campaign for a while now, reminding us that all bodies are different & great, and that beauty companies' advertisements fuck us up. Obviously, the attention this campaign has garnered proves that we are hungry for this message.

In addition to their "evolution" ad showing a regular lady turned into a cover model through make-up and Photoshop, they have a new advertisement, "onslaught."



But here's what I have to say: Dove is confusing me. Don't they have anti-aging hair products? Don't they promise their deoderant will make my underarms soft? Are my underarms rough? Is this a new body part to worry about?

So: while I think their marketing agency has good, feel good ideas, their corp hq is not quite on board. Humph.

No comments: