Monday, October 01, 2007

Goodbye, Old Friends... It's Time To Be Moving Along.




Watching the good ol' (bad ol'?) Eags the other night, I was struck by how many familiar faces & old favorites are gone, daddy, gone. And I was sad. How are you supposed to love a team that you don't know?

To these past Eagles: I salute you. (Well, not you, T.O.)

Hollis Thomas: you had such a cute, teddy bear of a face. I could totally imagine you taking down 2 cheesesteaks, doing a kegger, then calling your mom. You're sweet. Goodbye.

Dhani Jones: Oh ye of bowtie fame! You loved the Illadelph. You did ribbon cuttings at the Art Museum! Ciappowitz had your phone number! Numero 55! The Eags just had to say goodbye. But the artsy citizens of this fair town miss your cultural know-how.

Freddie Mitchell: Oh, Fred Ex. Dear, complainy , big-headed Fred Ex. I didn't really like you all that much, but I admired your ability to whine and bitch and be jealous of T.O. and talk a lot of smack. Where are you now? I heard you were a substitute teacher for a day. I hope you are ok.

Jeremiah Trotter: This pains me. This breaks my heart. You are an Eagle, through and through. I used to give you MVP every game because I just durn liked ya! And I don't even pay much attention to defense. I hear Andy Reid cried when he gave you your walking papers. I hope you punched him in the gut.

Todd Pinkston: Pinky-Pink. That's what we called you in the good old days. You were so tall & skinny and lithe, Pinky. J. Pa loved you. You said the sun got in your eyes. Then you were gone.

T.O.: I had your jersey, you sexy little stallion. You are a good football player. But I can't deal with that 'Tude. Donchoo talk about Donovan that way.




With that, I saw: let's go Dawkins! Come on, Westbrook! John Runya, you are big! And Donovan-- step it up man! You have hero potential! I want you to do well! You have it in you! You're a star!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite too--

Jeremiah Trotter: This pains me. This breaks my heart. You are an Eagle, through and through. I used to give you MVP every game because I just durn liked ya! And I don't even pay much attention to defense. I hear Andy Reid cried when he gave you your walking papers. I hope you punched him in the gut.

i finally broke down and bought my Eagles jersey after much deliberation and since that very night, B-Dawk has not played.

can i tell you who else i was going to buy but stopped myself?

trotter and T.O.

am i a jink?