Thursday, October 04, 2007

October = Good Movie Month





One of my favorite things about fall is that movie studios start releasing some good movies that they hope are going to be Oscar contenders. Don't get me wrong, I loved my summer comedies like Knocked Up & Superbad, I'm just ready for something with a little bit more substance. The funny thing is that some of the movies has A.T.S's favorite actors in it and guys that top my/A.T.S./Flip Flop Girl's "Beautiful, Yet Ugly Actor" list. Here's just what October has to offer:

Jesse James - stars Brad Pitt & Casey Affleck. I've heard that Brad is at his best in this movie & that Casey Affleck can act circles around his older bro, Ben. No surprise there, really. In theaters 10.5.07.

Elizabeth, the Golden Age - stars Cate Blanchett & Clive Owen. I love both actors. Sheesh, even if you don't like the story line, watch it just for the beautiful costumes. In theaters 10.12.07.

We Own the Night- stars Mark Wahlberg and awesome Joaquin Pheonix, looking just as intense as ever. In theaters 10.12.07.

Gone Baby Gone - stars Casey Affleck & is Ben's directorial debut. I heard that this movie almost got shelved due to similarities with the Madeline McCann story. In theaters 10.19.07.

Things We Lost in the Fire - stars Halle Berry & Benicio Del Toro, who's on the "Beautiful, Yet Ugly Actor" list. Hell, even his name is sexy. Don't worry if you think that he's hot, too. Benicio was just on Oprah & had the entire audience cooing. That's right, if you think he's hot, you're in the same league as Oprah's fawning minions. Just kidding. In theaters 10.19.07.

Rendition - stars Peter Saarsgard, Jake Gyllenhaal, & Reese Witherspoon. I think Jake is supposed to be a bad guy in this movie, which should be interesting, to say the least. In theaters 10.19.07.
A.T. S. - I'm assuming that you've already bought your ticket & popcorn.

All of these great movies are a lead into November, which I know already has another good movie scheduled to be released - American Gangster with Denzel Washington & Russell Crowe, Nov. 2. Can't wait.

What movie do you want to see?

4 comments:

MJL said...

I can't wait to see The Darjeeling Limited, Wes Anderson's new flick. Big fan.

miz cynical said...

Oh, when does that one come out? That's the movie where eveyone's trying to draw parallels to Owen Wilson, right?

Anonymous said...

i am so excited for every single movie you just listed except for the American Gangster. Denzel and Russell Crowe sorta can be annoying. not that i won't want to see it anyway.

good review, miz. well done.

miz cynical said...

Thanks. If you guys decide to make a movie night out of any of these flicks, let me know.