Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My Nose Is A Faucet


i hate that hopeless, out of control feeling that you get when you are sick and your nose is so runny that essentially your face becomes a sink and your nose is an effing faucet.

if only H&M sold really fashionable nose plugs.

for now, the only thing i have are two boxes of puff plus (with lotion goodness) and that rocks. my skin under my nose is a very fragile and delicate thing. it needs moisture and constantly blowing and wiping my draining fluids away from my upper lip tends to dry it out.

has anyone ralfed yet from this post?

no?

ok, i'll continue. so, because it gets so dry and chapped, i have to use chapstick-yes, chapstick-under my nose. its crazy sounding, but it works.

so step.

p.s. while it is funny, i do not recommend the nozehat that is pictured with this post. why? using toilet paper on your nose sucks! its too toothy!

5 comments:

M.Amanda said...

I am totally sympathetic as I have also been suffering from faucet nose and dry, flakiness between nostrils. I've been slathering vaseline on my nose (and around my eyes because they are also watering and the salt in my tears dries out the skin around my eyes so that I look like an old hag) every night before bed.

I hope you are using your finger to apply the chapstick or at least have designated that tube as "nose only" now....

miz cynical said...

Yeah, "nose only" chapstick is a great suggestion. Also, remind me not to ask to borrow your chapstick. Puffs with lotion is the best. I've been on a steady diet of my nose 'roids (Nasonex) & Ocean saline solution. Yum.

Anonymous said...

:) tee hee.

NotoriousALG said...

ATS, I feel like you are sick a lot. Maybe Vitamin C. And king crab legs.

Anonymous said...

i don't think i am sick alot. i think i happen to work with a lot of sick freaks who bring their sick freak germs into work and contaminate me.