Wednesday, December 19, 2007

#1 Way to Make Other People Feel Awkward at a Holiday Party


Don't drink. Last week, while attending two holiday parties I accidentally stumbled across this little factoid. On Thursday, I went to an office party with a free open bar, but I was the designated driver therefore I decided not to drink. All night people were asking me why I wasn't drinking & I just replied that I didn't feel like it. Well, you can understand how anyone would think that I was crazy given the free booze opportunity.

Then, on Friday night I went to another holiday party & I just didn't feel like drinking. Since a lot of the same people attended both parties & saw that I wasn't drinking, I think some of them got the idea that I wasn't a drinker. By then, people were just acting all weird around me 'cause let's face it - the holidays are a time to get your drink on. Not to be surrounded by some teetotaler who's probably frowning upon your drunken behavior.

So, if you want to make people feel weird at a holiday party with lots of free-flowing, free booze, don't drink.

No comments: