Tuesday, December 18, 2007

No One's Coming to My Party.

This is what my mom said at 4:03 p.m. on Saturday when only one couple had shown up to her holiday party. (NOTE: Party start time was 4:00 p.m.) I had to keep assuring her that people don't come to parties early and that the place would be bumpin by 5:30. I was right, of course. They had a great turnout. We even ran out of beer at one point, but my dad made a quick run before anyone really noticed. The three days before the fiesta, I couldn't even talk to her without her stating that she didn't think anyone was going to come and that I would be the only guest. It was cute/annoying how worried she was (very unlike her to worry about her social life). We also had to do a post-party wrap-up the next day over the phone. I had to reiterate how great the party was and what an awesome time everyone had. I never want her to throw a party again.

1 comment:

miz cynical said...

Cute. Glad it was a good turnout ( for your mom's sake :).