Friday, December 14, 2007

Daniel Day-Lewis: Hot or Ugly/Hot?


As I've mentioned before, Flip Flop Girl, Unusual Suspect is Back! & I had a totally serious conversation one day & compiled a totally scientific, detailed list of actors & celebrities that we thought were "ugly hot" meaning that they're so talented, and/or passionate about their work that while not considered classically beautiful, you look past their looks & their talent changes your perception of them and you begin to think, "wow, he's gorgeous".

Some members of this esteemed list include Seal (Flip Flop Girl hates him), Benicio del Toro & Joaquin Phoenix, to name a few. Well, now Daniel Day-Lewis has a new movie coming out called "There Will be Blood" & when I saw him in a photo for the premiere I couldn't help wonder if he should be added to the list. I'm afraid that I may be too biased.

I loved his work on "In the Name of the Father" ,"The Crucible" & "Gangs of New York". So to me, he's so talented he comes across as hot, but his features aren't incredibly above average. He has a wiry, tall body, intense & piercing blue eyes, and greasy hair that says " I may live in a house with running water but I can't be bothered to wash my hair on a daily basis 'cause that would mean that I'm not dedicated to the craft of acting".

So, I'm really in a conundrum. Help me out, ladies. Hot or ugly hot?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugly hot. 4 sure.

miz cynical said...

Cool. I just need Flip Flop's agreement on it & then he'll officially be on the list:)