Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A note to all elevator riders

Please turn down or turn off your mp3 players in the elevator. During my 17-floor ride, I don't want to be forced to listen to your favorite walking-to-work songs. You are making everyone else uncomfortable. And, to those who turn up the volume just for the el, please be advised: No one cares. Kanye listeners, I know you are nodding your head because you understand the social oppression that poor minorities from the ghetto endure. Gen Xers, I know I shouldn't be fooled by the tailored suit you don - you are a Dr. Martens-wearing headbanger at heart (and peaked in the 90s). And parrotheads, I know that you would feel more at home on a beach sipping a an island drink. But, I don't need to hear it via your music selection at 8:30 in the morning.

2 comments:

aaronic said...

Sh*t. I might be guilty of this. But Kanye is never blast-worthy, not enough bass.

Anonymous said...

this morning on the el, the woman i sat next to was blaring luther vandross, and i gotta say, it did not bother me a bit! it was so soothing and made me feel sexy inside.

gross, huh?