Sunday, December 02, 2007

The Hess Truck - Lamest XMas Gift Ever


For years, I've been subjected to the same special Christmas edition Hess Truck commercial with that annoying jingle. "The Hess truck is here, the Hess truck's here!....." or some lame variation like that.

However, this year I couldn't help but wonder- who the hell gets a Hess Truck as a Christmas gift anyway? It sounds like a gift a kid would get from an absent-minded father. I picture some Homer Simpson-type of dad who forgot to go Christmas shopping. So he pulls into a Hess gas station at midnight on Christmas Eve picking up some control top pantyhose for his wife, cigars, beef jerky and oh, yeah, a Hess truck for his kid.

I guess if you're a collector of Hess trucks this is an exciting time of year for you and this gift isn't lame after all. It just means you're lame.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dad likes to get these. Your lame!

miz cynical said...

Does he collect them for himself or does he give them to you as gifts?

Beanorama said...

my dad's side of the family used to like these.

Anonymous said...

i would demand it be returned if i got an effin hess truck as a child.

AlltheRAGE said...

I think we had one at some point... I know, I'm lame...

Flip Flop Girl said...

My uncle worked for Hess, so we definitely had some. Plus, my sister played with cars and trucks.