Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Modern Day Love Poem

I have been thinking lately about our society's technological advancements and the effects they are having on other aspects of life. We have all read about the decline in normal communication abilities ever since the dawn of email, chat rooms and instant messaging. Most recently, my friends and I talked about the decline of romance and "normal" dating. We are all guilty of texting or IMing instead of calling. Along these lines, I have made up a modern day love poem. Think of it as Shakespeare meets Microsoft. I hope you enjoy!

Oh how I love thee
Let me count the ways…

My heart begins to race with joy
Every time your screen name appears
And when you IM me a smiley face
I know I’ve nothing to fear

When I feel my sidekick vibrate
Sending a chill up my spine
I pray that it is you
Telling me you’ll always be mine

I could spend an entire day
Texting you sweet nothings
Because for the rest of eternity
You’ll be the only one I’m loving

I could lose myself in your deep eyes
It is your feature I most favor
I can look at them anytime
Because they are my screensaver

I’ll never forget
All our memories
They’re saved in my heart
And on dvd

I do not want to pinch myself
For I fear I may be dreaming
To never read another love email
Would make me wake up screaming

I could shout from the rooftop
For all the world to know
Or declare in my blog
That I love you so

Every flower, sunset and mp3
Every morning frost and dove
Takes my breath away
For I’m reminded of our love

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Flip FLop girl, you made my heart go pitter patter XOXOXO

Beanorama said...

oh no you didn't. this is the best. way to make an entrance, ffg.