Monday, April 17, 2006

Sopranos hangover

well, its Monday and that can only mean one thing; I have a sopranos hangover...The only remedy for a sopranos hangover is to 1. Eat something saucy/cheesy/garlic-y for lunch and 2. Annoy your co-workers all day with sentences that start off like: "hey, how 'bout when Paulie said..." or "last night, did you see the part when Carmella slapped..."

yeah, by the end of the day, people just sort of avoid me in the hallways.

but, I just cant help but love this show...I mean, what other show takes itself so seriously and yet, pokes fun at itself so frequently?

in last night's episode, one of the goombas, Vito, is outed after he is caught in NYC gay bar, shirtless, wearing leather chaps and chains, all the while shaking his groove thing with a chap who was blessed with two nipple rings. This of course sets the crime family into tailspin and I was treated to one ridiculous line after another...

"Vito!...A fanook! When he was always talkin' about
'greasing the union', who knew that's what he really meant!"
I also learned some unpretty words that I had never even heard of before, let alone spell (i.e. fanook=gay, gumar=mistress and stoonad=idiot)

I love when I can get my education and entertainment all in one. Its a timesaver...really it is.

No comments: