Thursday, March 13, 2008

Just call me John Kerry...


...cause I'm the biggest flip-flopper in town. At the beginning of this little primary race, I briefly flirted with the man from my home state: Joe Biden. Then he got mouthy and I got serious and slid into Obama's camp. All that talk of Hope, you know? But then... he got surly at Hillary, and she seemed pretty durn smart, so I jumped ship and landed with Hillary's camp.

Debates insued, early morning strategy phone calls with my sister MKVOB occured, and I realized: who am I kidding? She's as slimy as the Republicans!

So I was back with Obama. Firmly, so I thought. Plus, it didn't matter- by the time PA's primary rolled around, there would be no question.

Until... Hillary came outta nowhere and won Ohio and Tejas! And PA is the NEXT BIG THING. And you know what? In my heart of hearts, soul of souls, I was happy for her when she won. I was relieved.

So, Mommy I'm coming home. I was wooed by the wonder of the new man, the man of change... but I'm done flirting and I am ready to get serious with Hillary. She's experienced, yo!

Hillary -- ahem, Senator Clinton -- you ARE change. You are tireless. You work really hard!

I'm not campaigning on this blog post, more like I am just showing how stressful it all is. I can't choose based on supporting one race over the other, or one gender over the other. Or worry that one's experience = old cronies, or one's inexperience = immaturity. I just have to go with my gut. And pray that McCain loses.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I haven't flip flopped completely back to the Hil Camp- but I am also not sad when I learn she wins states. it is a stressful campaign season...but as long as angry McCain stayes out of the casa blanca- i feel good.

miz cynical said...

Joe Biden? He's been a douche for years. I agree- McCain winning is a thought that keeps me awake at night.

Beanorama said...

mkvob calls mccain a warmonger, which is hilarious (and true). But he's better than HUCKLEBERRY.

Anonymous said...

i feel lame saying so, but i feel pretty much the same way.

i was pro-hill, then pro-bama, then pro-hill, then pro-bama, but now, and hopefully for the final time, i am pro-hill.

she is going to be constantly criticized though if she wins. she has a tough road ahead of her for sure.