Thursday, March 20, 2008

Me and AI

Your very own Flip witnessed the triumphant - and touching - return of AI to Philadelphia last night. The crowd was awesome and gave a long and loud standing O when he was announced. (Of course, they booed the rest of the Nuggets players, but that's not what this post is about.)

Yes, I must admit that I got a little misty. The outpouring of admiration and affection from both the Philly fans and Iverson was awesome. And he was announced right after the national anthem, which always gets me a little choked up. So, it was a recipe for some tears.

Anyway, I'm glad I was there to see it, even if I was in the absolute last row in the place.

(Look at the shout out on his feet.)

3 comments:

aaronic said...

I was there too!!

Yeah, it was nuts. The ovation, the game, the whole thing was incredible.

Beanorama said...

he's not so bad after all.

Anonymous said...

you know what they say about skinny ankles...