Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Period. End of Sentence.


if having my period is a prison sentence and taking the pill is a metaphor for parole from pain, suffering and general discomfort that usually comes with the territory...then i think i have been denied parole.

i think my pill just doesnt work like it used to. in the last 6 months, i have started getting symptoms that i've never had before usually a few days before aunt flow comes to visit. long-lasting headaches, lower back pain, anxious feelings...this is so not normal for me. i've been on the pill for 10 years. wait! TEN YEARS! omg. i cannot believe that. jeez, i'm old.

is my contraceptive starting to break down? what's going on???

7 comments:

Flip Flop Girl said...

Time to switch it up. That started happening to me too and I got a new prescription. Pills that allow for five-day cycles and minor cramps are so 2006. Join the revolution.

Couldn't this be in a BC commercial conversation?

Anonymous said...

gadzooks

miz cynical said...

Seriously, chicas. That is a little TMI for a blog.

Anonymous said...

still smoking? Aren't there all kinds of studies out there that say that mixing estrogen and cigs is like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters?

sayin.

NotoriousALG said...

Unusual, I had to switch my pill (after a year and a half) because of the symptoms I was having that my doc promised would diminish after 3 months. Not so much. Bodies are sensitive.

Anonymous said...

cm-that is seriously the funniest comment anyone has ever left on this blog. ever. ever. ever.

Beanorama said...

I am on my first month off of the pill after ten years! and guess what. I have no zits this month. coincidence? I think not.