Monday, November 26, 2007

So This Bothers Me....


Yesterday, Beanorama and I were a-walking and a-talking down Kelly Drive. We walked 3.5 miles and didn't even really try to! I was proud.


Although the show has been long-retired and is in syndication, my thoughts often travel to the women of SATC. And yes, I do believe that most things in life can be related to one or more episodes. Just not the one with the comic book guy and the fried chicken. I hated that one.


Anyway, Beanorama and I discussed the following:


Charlotte gives Carrie (who is BROKE as a joke) her engagement ring to use as a down payment on her apartment so Carrie can buy it. Now, even if Charlotte's ring was worth 100,000 bones, that's still not THAT much money for a NYC brownstone apartment. Carrie's mortgage must be through the roof and she has to pay Char back. Beanorama supplied that her apartment WAS rent-controlled, but still....the figures just don't add up.


Discuss.

7 comments:

Flip Flop Girl said...

Alg, I agree with you. But they allude in the episode that she needs about $40,000. She spent that in shoes and Big gave her $30,000 I think. Still, not very believable.

NotoriousALG said...

You are so smart, Flip. You should do some lunges to celebrate.

Smedelicious said...

But wait...her apartment is teenie tiny. You really think a one bed in NY is over a million?

I have no idea. I don't even knwo how much cars cost.

AlltheRAGE said...

Don't forget that it was JUST for the down payment not to purchase the apartment out right, right?

Flip Flop Girl said...

Alg, I have to fall onto chairs, couches and toilets to sit now.

Beanorama said...

didn's she rip up Big's check?
And also: her apt was in a good part of town, right?

NotoriousALG said...

Yes. And I know that if she puts 30grand down on a 300,000 dollar apartment, her mortgage payments (depending on interest rates) would be a lot more than 2,000 a month.