Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Clean Up: 11th Floor


I love beverages. And I do not mean the alcoholic kind, necessarily. Although I am a fan of them as well, but I digress. I love to be hydrated. A friend once remarked that it wasn't until she lived with me that she realized the importance or need to have a 'drink in the car.'

I love drinks. On a normal day, I kill about two cups of coffee, a few Nalgenes full of water, a couple cups of Crystal Light and maybe a few seltzers with lime. And if I am at brunch with friends? Order me a coffee (caffeine), water (hydration), and Diet Coke (love of a fountain beverage will never fade).

But the irony of it all is that I am not so much a fan of going to the bathroom to deal with the repercussions of my affection for Propel, Aquafina, Red Bull Sugar Free, what have you. I will absolutely sit at my computer, on the verge of a bursting bladder, and think, "Just get this one thing done and then you can go."
I am a total freak.

Damaged kidneys? So unpretty.

4 comments:

Smedelicious said...

Wow, I do the SAME EXACT THING. I don't let myself go until I set a goal and do it. By then I'm about to pee myself. Why do we do this?

Beanorama said...

don't you remember my drinking water is hard post?

Anonymous said...

yes, i remember that post, in fact, this was like post-jah-voo

MJL said...

I'm definitely one of those people that will go to a restaurant and order multiple drinks. If I'm hungover and go to a diner, it's almost guaranteed that I'll get coffee, OJ, water and a Coke.

Waiters and waitresses love me.