Monday, June 19, 2006

It Was Just Kinda Strange.


When I got home from work this evening, I cooked up my usual boy-food-dinner and flipped through the channels to see what was on TV. My sister (and roommate) will not let me get Comcast, so I actually have to manually flip through the channels. Waiting for channel 99 takes too long and I have the attention span of a flea.

I was faced with Kirk Cameron a.k.a Mike Seaver a.k.a first crush with permed mullet from 80s sitcom gem "Growing Pains" telling me why I needed God to save my soul. I couldn't believe that Mike Seaver was telling me why prayer would guarantee me a space in heaven. It absolutely creeped me out. This guy was once on a show where his best friend's name was B*ner. Of course, I watched it for another three or four minutes, but it was totally bizarre. Then they featured him doing this "man on the street" bit at a mall where he asked questions like, "Where do you think you'll go when you die?" and "Do you believe in the afterlife?"

I think he should stick to shows where he gets a perfect score on his SATs because he filled out the bubbles in the shape of a rocketship. Or was that Family Ties?

Show me that smile again.....don't waste another minute on your cryin'.

I can handle love of my life Tony Danza having a shortlived talk show. But Kirk Cameron pushing the religion product on me? Too weird.

6 comments:

Malaika said...

i wish tony would sit down somewhere...i like him...but really

Beanorama said...

tony's a perv.

SilverBraceletsOnHerWrists said...

His sister (DJ Tanner) has a quiz called "Are You A Good Person?" on her website:

http://www.candacecameronbure.net/goodpersontest/

I've always been pretty sure I'm not a good person, but it's nice to have Candace Cameron's reassurance.

Beanorama said...

stephanie tanner from full house is a meth addict....

Jody said...

I've met Kirk. He's the nicest guy ever. He goes to my friend's church in So-Cal and has 6 kids with Chelsea Noble. I love Kirk and his tv show!
I don't love his 'Left Behind' movies and I told him so.

Anonymous said...

wow, this is the most unexpected post EVER!