Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ode to (legal) crack in a can.

i need coffee to jumpstart my morning. a hungover afternoon calls for the caffeine in a diet fountain beverage. but at night, my catalyst of choice recently is sugar free red bull. my first taste of the not-so-tasty-but-oh-so-fun-drink was from a british military guy in a 7-story club in london, while it was still illegal in the states. but i recently rediscovered the drink, and away we go...! one morning after a night of drinking at a citizen cope concert, i awoke to find my face cleared of makeup, my pajamas on, my entire apartment (all one room of it) straightened up. considering i had come home a bit tipsy the night before, i was shocked at my accomplishments. i immediately assumed that i must be becoming manic, but then i realized i had chugged 3 red bulls while at the concert (thank you, smedelicious). and thus the energy drink love affair was born.

the other morning, i awoke to find a sealed-and-addressed envelope to a distant relative. my red bull-fueled night mania was continuing. it's so a-some.

real drugs? so unpretty (most of the time). sugar free red bull? pretty as a picture. a really hyper picture.

2 comments:

SilverBraceletsOnHerWrists said...

Unintended consequences of Red Bull:

1) It makes my heart race super fast. Which sounds really unhealthy but is a lot of fun at the time.

2) It makes me talk to myself on the street. Not so much fun for me, but fun for others, I'm sure.

Smedelicious said...

Haha, gotta love the redbull...but watch out for the enormous crash you may experience afterwards.