Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Crash Boom Bang...God, is that you?


can someone tell me what the hell happened to the city's weather pattern yesterday and last night? dealing with heat so thick and steamy that it felt like i was standing behind bus everywhere i went yesterday was hard enough.

but then it came. THE STORM. with the works too---hail, thunder & lightening, hard rain, sideways rain, even the rain that seemed to jump right up from beneath you [insert forrest gump twang here].

i can't say i wasn't warned about this...and it wasn't by Glenn "Hurricane" Schwartz either.

a crazy tranny i ran into while leaving work had warned me that the excessive heat was really caused by GOD'S wrath at President Bush for starting the war with Iraq. if you've read my profile, you know i likes the crazies, but she really freaked me out...mostly because i am not even sure what she was...i treated her like i do all crazies; i completely agreed with her and awkwardly tried to excuse myself from the conversation...its funny how i always feel the need to be polite to crazies and not regular people in general (i will think nothing of not holding the elevator for someone who is frantically screaming "hold that please!"). am i to believe this crazy tranny? ...that the fucked up weather is directly related to our country's poor leadership and appalling human rights policies?

where the hell is El Nino when you need him.

9 comments:

Beanorama said...

see? everyone blames bush. even people that try to pass off tennis balls for breasts.

tone loc said...

My whole life revolves around not holding the elevator for other people. Excuse me for wanting to ride solo.

Jody said...

While I am sure that God does not appreciate Bush's unilateral decision making (refer to the Book of Habbakuk), I don't think God would deliberately rain down wrath on your area, especially if Bush is not even there right now. Poor crazy tranny. She tries, I'm sure.

Beanorama said...

and people are so annoying, because the next elevator is probably a 15 second wait.

i also hate when people hold the door for me, but i am far away enough that i have to run so they don't wait. but i do the opposite all the time... i hold doors for people and make them run. then i feel bad and stupid.

aaronic said...

I attract crazies and bums like nobody else. Even at Boundless Philadelphia press conferences.

Thank God for the Thunderstorm. Those of us with no AC slept comfortably last night since the temp dropped and our previously useless window fan became relevant again.

Anonymous said...

yes, the change in temp last night after the "wrath of rain" was substantial. however, you may wonder if that had something to do with Satan...

Beanorama said...

or mother nature. sweet mother nature.

Flip Flop Girl said...

I have the ultimate elevator story. I, along with four other people, entered an elevator in the morning to go to our respective offices. When the doors were closing, a woman ran towards us screaming, "Hold that please!" With my arms crossed, I stared at her as the two doors met and we started our ascent. I could feel everyone staring at me in disbelief. It was obviously my responsibility because I was the only one who was right in front of the buttons. I'm sure I made quite a name for myself around a few water coolers that day.

Anonymous said...

and i bet your name is scribbled inside some bathroom stalls
"call Flip Flop for a good elevator door slamming in your face"