Thursday, July 27, 2006

Teenage affection cost me $4.02


This morning I was shlepping myself to work and I got into one of those uncomfortable moments when you find yourself walking at the same speed, in the same direction, with a bunch of people. This was a group of teenagers. Well, I hear some footsteps catching up behind me and I feel a sense of foreboding. I knew something embarrassing was about to happen. SO. I hear "Hey Baby. You wanna hang out later?" My would-be suitor was definitely not old enough to drink, maybe not even drive.

Beanorama: "I think I'm too old for you."
Young Buck: "WHAT? I'm seventeen, baby."
Beanorama: "I'm too old for you."
Young Buck: "Age ain't nuthin' but a number, baby. How old are you?"
Beanorama: "Too old for you."
Young Buck: "Well, maybe we'll hang out later then."

To escape the Young Buck and his seven 15-year-old pals, I had to escape into Dunkin' Donuts and buy a bagel and medium iced coffee, totaling $4.02. (By the way, iced coffee is a full dollar more than hot, isn't that weird?)

I guess $4.02 is a small price to pay considered I could be paying out the wazoo for legal fees for dating a kid almost ten years younger than me. So unpretty!

But then I saw an overweight man in women's yoga pants, and I got cheered up.

3 comments:

tone loc said...

Sorry about that. It won't happen again.

aaronic said...

^ HAHAHAHA.

You gotta give the kid an A for effort.

Smedelicious said...

The iced coffee is double brewed apparently.