Wednesday, July 05, 2006

No-Tell Hotel


I work in a hotel. I know that may be hard to understand, but half of the building is a hotel and the other half is the corporate headquarters of the company for which I work. At the bottom of the elevators is a woman's bathroom that I use from time to time.

The hotel -- one of the best in the country -- is located in an urban area so stragglers have a tendency to use the facilities, as it is right off a main road. It is not uncommon to go into the bathroom and find people asleep on the floor of the handicapped stall. And honestly, I think it's smart. It's so warm in the bathroom and there is free coffee for hotel guests a few feet away. Whenever I find visitors asleep, I let them be.

Today, however, I was shocked to walk into the bathroom and see a full-out Chi Chi's-esque sombrero at the feet of the woman using the stall next to me. When she exited the stall, she was in a completely normal outfit, but washed her hands and put her sombrero back on. Then she exited the bathroom and walked back outside.

Bizarro files. This weather stinks. I miss the beach already. Is anyone at work?

2 comments:

Beanorama said...

you love them no tell motels, perv.

Anonymous said...

maybe the woman got her holidays mixed up and she thought she was celebrating cinco de mayo...but in july.
hmmm.