Friday, July 21, 2006

You're My Best Friend.


My dear, wonderful, best friend in life has turned me into a little bit of a freak. She makes weird noises when she wants something to drink, we sometimes tap-dance in public places, and launch into the Olympic Games processional song when we are handing something to a friend. It's all very strange, really. Among the strangest things she/I do, is grab something we are so happy to have and say, "I love you, (insert object name here)! You're my best friend!"

Just this morning, I went to get coffee with the New Girl in my Office and I was so excited to have my latte, that I actually kissed the side of the cup and yelled out loud, "I LOVE YOU, COFFEE! You're my best friend!" And New Girl stared at me like I had a million heads. "You're strange," she said. Yesterday, she told me I use the word "amazing" too often. And the creme de la creme was New Girl witnessing me sing to our boss , "KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD!"

Hmmm. I thought about the fact that a complete stranger who I work with in a professional environment probably has an opinion of me that I am absolutely strange. And I kind of don't care. I would be a liar if I said it didn't bother me a little, but it's kind of what has made me me. A part of the reason why my best pal and I are two peas in a very strange pod. But it made me appreciate our friendship a lot more. Tear.

Ya know what? I might just find my best pal and make up a new song about New Girl. And add it to our CD of top hits, including: "Be a Bat Boy" and "Chicken Noodle Soup." "Chicken Noodle Soup" got us both detention in high school. But it was well-worth it.

6 comments:

Beanorama said...

i'm shocked. who is this amazing-sounding best friend, and where can i meet her? but why are you blaming HER for YOUR weirdness? Maybe she should blame you. I highly doubt SHE was the one to initiate several church hymn-offs. I bet YOU beg HER to call you Mr. Alda.

But seriously folks, our cd is great. Especially our No. 1 hit single, "Do you know where your v-gina is?"

Anonymous said...

i think you guys need to come out of the closet and realize that you are meant for each other :)

Beanorama said...

like oprah and gayle?

Anonymous said...

Ok, I must say that I was witness to all of the said strange behavior, being the roommate for 2 years with Bean and ALG, and I am all the weirder for it! In fact I try to make my fiance play some of the games that we girls use to do, like "sing your try-out song for American Idol" or "would you still be my friend if..." and he really can't understand it. Luckily, he has adopted the use of bizzaro nicknames, which we all know I can't live without! But some things are just better left for your girlfriends!

Beanorama said...

zhunified, where would be be without you as the excellent judge of said hymn offs? you always gave me point for effort, even though my lyrics and tone were waaaay off.

and you have had some weird moments yourself, sister.

NotoriousALG said...

You mean, "YOU'RE FIRED!" or perhaps, "YOU BUY YOUR SUITS ON MARKET STREET!"