Saturday, July 15, 2006

In One Word: Amazing


so, this past thursday night i was finally able to cross off one of the items on my "MUST DO BEFORE YOU DIE" checklist.

i saw Madonna live in concert. and now i am whole.

as long as i can remember i have loved her. not just her music, but the whole package. (please see unpretty's april archives and read "I HEART MADONNA" for a more in depth proclamation of my love and respect for the material girl)

i finally know why she has been around for 20 years: she is an unbelievable performer and entertainer. every song, every wardrobe change, the stage, the dancers, even her hair was perfect. and for two solid hours she had me and thousands of people on their feet dancing. five stars, A+, off the charts and amazing.

in case you are wondering what the other "TO DOs" on my list are:

1. go to south africa and swim with a great white (in an anti shark cage of course)
2. take a hot air balloon ride over the coasts of ireland
3. be a contestant on any televised game show
4. go to the Olympics (winter or summer)
5. go to a fashion show in NYC

3 comments:

tone loc said...

Back in '01, I said to several of my friends, most of whom were guys, that Madonna was probably one of the greatest performers of all time. To this day, I still get made fun of for it. It's great.

Anonymous said...

Fashion shows are overrated...

Anonymous said...

debbie downer? is that you?